With the editor you can place hyperlink frames on any page/spread in the publication. When your visitors click on such a frame, a new browser screen with the set URL will open instantly.
1. On the homepage of your dashboard, move your mouse pointer over the cover of the publication you want to edit and click on EDIT.
2. On the page overview, click on the thumb of the spread on which you want to add a hyperlink frame.
3. Click on LINK TO URL. On the spread a hyperlink frame is placed instantly.
If you cNOTElick twice on LINK TO URL, two frames will be placed on top of each other.
4. Drag the frame (with your left mouse button held down) to the desired location. Drag the corners and sides to resize the frame.
5. In the URL section, type the URL of the web page you would like the frame to link to.
6. See below if you would like to set a mouse over frame text and color or if you would like to copy or remove the frame.
7. CLICK OUTSIDE THE FRAME TO SAVE ALL SETTINGS MADE.
8. Click on PREVIEW at the top right of your screen to preview the publication with the added frame(s). The publication will open directly at the specific spread so that you can quickly double-check if everything is ok.
9. Close the preview publication browser screen. If you want to edit an existing frame, just click on it and make the desired changes. Click outside the frame again to save your new settings.
10. If you're done with adding interactions, close the editor browser screen to go back to your dashboard homepage with your publications overview.
If you would like a text to be shown on top of the frame when your visitors move their mouse pointer over the frame, click on T and type the desired text.
1. Click on the color icon and set the mouse over frame color (the color of the frame when your visitors move their mouse pointer over the frame) by clicking on the desired color in the color box. If you know the 6-digit HEX color code, you can type this code in the color code section.
2. Set the transparency by sliding the round button.
Click on the copy icon if you want to copy the frame on the same spread after which you can repeat all operations described above for the new frame.
The following shortcuts will help you to copy one or more frames to another spread:
Copy one frame: Click on the frame you want to copy and press Ctrl+C (Windows) or Cmd+C (Apple). Next, browse with the page arrows or via the page overview to the desired page and press Ctrl+V (Windows) or Cmd+V (Apple) to copy the frame.
Copy a set of interactions: Position your mouse pointer left above the top left frame/interaction of the set of interactions you want to copy, drag your mouse right below the lower right frame/interaction of the set of interactions and release your left mouse button. Next, browse with the page arrows or via the page overview to the desired page and press Ctrl+V (Windows) or Cmd+V (Apple) to copy the set of interactions.
Copy all interactions on a spread: Press Ctrl+A (Windows) or Cmd+A (Apple) to select all interactions on that specific spread and press Ctrl+C (Windows) or Cmd+C (Apple). Next, browse with the page arrows or via the page overview to the desired spread and press Ctrl+V (Windows) or Cmd+V (Apple) to copy all interactions.
Click on the remove icon if you want to remove the frame.
You also can click on the Delete or Backspace key on your keyboard to remove the selected frame(s).